Which Is the Best Toddler Backpack with Lunch Box?
If your little one is going off on a play date or to preschool, it may be practical for him or her to have a toddler backpack with lunchbox combo so as to have a snack, a drink, and maybe a piece of fruit when they feel hungry or when snack time comes along. Several of the most popular toddler backpacks incorporate a detachable lunch bag or have a themed lunchbox container that goes with the backpack and may also have an attachment. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular options currently available.
What Should You Consider When Buying a Toddler Backpack with Lunchbox?
Obviously, in this case there are two items and two sets of features to take into consideration — the backpack itself and the lunch box container. When you’re choosing the item that is right for your child, you may want to think about some of the following points:
- Size — how much do you want to be able to fit into the backpack and lunchbox, and what size of bag is going to be appropriate for your child
- Appearance — it’s important that the backpack and lunch container be attractive to your child and fun to carry around, so that they’ll be happy to use them regularly and have them by their side
- Comfort and Ease of Use — can you fit the straps on the backpack so that it is comfortable for your child to wear and adjustable as he or she grows? Are the zips, snacks, or fasteners easy for little hands and fingers to cope with?
- Practicality — is the food and drink compartment insulated? Is the interior made of wipe-clean materials? Is there an inside pocket or compartment to keep items separate?
- Construction — are the backpack and lunchbox sturdily made of child-friendly, non-toxic materials?
Two Great Options for a Toddler Backpack with Lunch Box
Out of the many options and themes available, we chosen two backpack/lunchbox combinations with features and choices to appeal to both boys and girls:
The Skip Hop Zoo Backpack is one of the most popular toddler backpacks on the market today, and comes in a wide range of different animal themes, such as a dog, elephant, ladybug, monkey, penguin, zebra, and others. This backpack is practical as well as fun, and is available in a two-piece set with a matching lunchbox that is just right for a snack and drink.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one toddler backpack and lunch container combo, the O3 Kids All-in-One Pre-School Backpack with Cooler features an insulated front pocket which can serve as a lunch cooler, as well as a side pouch for a drink. With adjustable straps and interior organizer pockets, the backpack measures a little bigger than the Skip Hop Zoo Backpack and may be a better choice if you want to fit in a standard sized school folder. It comes with a number of motifs such as a butterfly, football, airplane, angel wings, or race car and is suitable for kids aged three and up.
Which Is Right for You?
When you’re choosing a toddler backpack with lunch box, the age of the child is going to be wearing it is a major consideration, as is the size of the container and the amount of stuff you will want them to be able to carry around. In the end — and as we are looking at backpacks/lunchboxes for toddlers here — we’re featuring the Skip Hop Zoo Backpack and Lunchie as our number one pick, for their range of cute, whimsical animal designs, their popularity in reviews from those who already bought the items separately or together, and competitive price.
Our Pick: Skip Hop Zoo Backpack and Lunchie